Thursday, July 28, 2016

The Objection Connection: "I don't have the money to join you in business."

The topic of today's objection is, "I can't join you in business because I don't have the money." This is a common one we get in our line of work. Let's explore how to diffuse it.
(And scene...)
Marty: "Thanks Rachael, but I am a single dad and I am just trying to make ends meet. I don't have the savings to put down on a kit."
Me: "Gosh I am so sorry to hear that money is tight right now. What's going on?
Marty: "Well, since my divorce, I am scraping by. I work all time just to make ends meet."
Me: "Let's dream a minute. If you had enough money, what would you wish you could spend it on?"
Marty: "Well, I would love to take the kids to Disney. They have never been."
Me: "Marty, if I could show you ways to find the money for your kit, and money was no longer a concern to get started, and the possibility of paying for Disney became possible, would you want to hear more?"
Marty: "Rachael, I just don't think that it is possible. I am stretched so thin."
Me: "Marty, isn't the real question here, in your opinion, as to whether or not you will get more out of your investment than you put in?"
Marty: "Well yes. What if I lose my shirt in all of this."
Me: "If I could show you how you could pay for your kit, as well as make your money back fast, would you be open to hearing more?"
Marty:"Ok. I would be open."
Me: "Let's make a list right now with ways to pay for this. Then I will show you a quick video from my company to give you an overview of this business. How does that sound?"
Marty:"Ok, let's brainstorm."
Have you noticed that people have the money for things they really want and find valuable? At this moment Marty, while he could be right he doesn't have the money, doesn't find the business valuable enough to come up with the cash. It is your job to help him see that he can make back his investment. Show him how he can do that. Show him what is possible.
So what are ways that Marty can make extra cash? Here are some ideas: a garage sale, Ebay of items, Craigslist, borrow money from a family member or a friend or do a small part time job. I am sure you can come up with even more ideas.
So go give the gift of network marketing to everyone you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment