Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The Objection Connection: I Can't Join You in Business, I Don't Have Many Friends

In this edition of The Objection Connection, let's talk about the common objection of: "I don't have many friends."
I have gotten this one before and I bet you have too. So what should you do? Here are some ideas.
And scene.... (sorry, life always seems like a play or musical to me! Ha Ha!)
Me: "So Judy, would you ever be interested in a side project if it didn't interfere with what you are currently doing?"
Judy: You mean work with you in xxx company? No way! I don't know anybody. You know everyone. It's a great fit for you, but not for me.
Me: Why do you say that Judy?
Judy: Well, I mean, I hang out with a couple of ladies, nut I don't know many people.
Me: What do you think you would have to do with this business?
Judy: It's selling something to people. I don't know anyone to sell it to. I could never make any money at it. I would be terrible.
Me: Ok, I hear you. You don't feel like you know anyone to share this with. If I could show you a way to uncover lots more people to to talk to would you be interested in hearing more?
Judy: Maybe. I could use some extra money for vacation right now.
Me: Ok. What I think I am hearing you say is that if I can show you how to uncover your network, which would help you make some extra money for vacation, you would be interested in learning more?
Judy: Yes.
Me: Are you serious about this?
Judy: Yes. Send me some information.
Me: Great. I will . Now how are the kids?
Judy is still hesitant about the business, but is open to hearing more. This is a great start! I repeated back what Judy was saying to me so that she would hear her own words. She convinced herself to hear more, not the other way around. We are not in the convincing business, but the sharing business.
Notice how I changed the subject and began to talk about something else. Make a deliberate break in the conversation so that she doesn't feel cornered and talk about another topic.
Later, I would send her information and set up a time to follow up.
So let's kick this objection to the curb!
I hope this helps you this week!
Go get 'em network marketers!

No comments:

Post a Comment