Tuesday, March 1, 2016

How to Share Your Business and Products without being Cheesy and Salesy

I have been on my network marketing journey for a while now. I have fallen into the common traps of trying to spread my message too fast and inadvertently making people feel used. I wasn't trying to do that, but yeah, if you meet someone at a birthday party and tell them about your biz right off the bat, that really wasn't what they bargained for. While I was so excited to share my message, they were just hoping for some cake and ice cream with kids, not a sales pitch. Been there, done that.
To make matters worse, I felt salesy and cheesy and it didn't work anyway. After some soul searching, I knew this was not the kind of brand I wanted to build and how I wanted to go about finding leads. I knew there must be a better way. I think most of us have been there before at one point or another. 
So now that I am a bit wiser in my journey (of course I am always learning), I am trying a new angle. That angle is being real, being myself and making real relationships with people. What a concept! I make new friends all the time and broaden my circle with more elegance and grace. I am planning coffee dates and nights out with new friends. I am getting to know the person. My main focus is not what is in it for me, but how can I be of help or service to her.  I am being a good listener and learning about who it is I am trying to get to know. Network marketing is a people business right? You have to be good at "people"!
Today, I don't really care what the outcome is with people I talk to. Maybe she will join me in business. Maybe not. Maybe she will buy my product. Maybe not. Maybe she will lead me to my next referral. Maybe not. It really doesn't matter, because I enjoy meeting people. Getting out there is fun and I love it.
With this mindset,  my connections with others are so much more comfortable, easy and organic. I still share who I am, what I do and who I am looking for, but I do it at a better, more appropriate moment. When you do it this way, you don't feel cheesy and salesy. At least I don't.
Give it a try! You will be surprised where it will take you and who you will meet!

Office party

I wish you success in your business!
Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment